Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Advent Procrastination

It's Advent, that wondrous time of year in which I receive the marvelous gift of a miraculously multiplying to-do list.  I keep checking off items, and more tasks appear.  It's annoying.  The only reason I'm writing here is because I added blogging to my daily repeating task list.  Don't worry; although I'll get it done today, it will magically reappear tomorrow.

My list tells me that so far today, in addition to a couple of meetings, I wrote bulletin announcements, chose hymns and readings for two Christmas Eve services, found readers for half of said readings, and wrote the prayers of the people for this Sunday.  Not too shabby.  Which is not to say that I'm done.

I also booked a hotel room for New Year's Eve.  I'm going to PA to see Scythian for their Mad, Mad Masquerade Ball.  I'm pretty excited, although I realized after booking all of this that I'm probably going alone, which could be less than optimal.  Most of the concert-going people I know will be in Northampton, MA seeing Enter the Haggis.  Been there, done that last year.  It was fun, but certain situations have changed since then, and I'm not really up for the drama of the Haggishead crowd.  I guess it would probably be depressing to spend New Year's alone, except that it's Scythian.  Alone doesn't really happen at their shows, for me.  And who knows, maybe I can drag someone along.  Now to find a fabulous roaring 20s outfit for the occasion...

Well, now it's clear that I am just rambling on to avoid doing the work that I actually need to get done, so I'm going to stop procrastinating and get on with it.  Happy Advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment