Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Irritable

Yesterday, which is normally my day off, was spent at church meetings.  For some reason, this made me completely, unreasonably irritable.  Never mind that it was probably the normal day off for half the people in the room, or that others had likely taken vacation time from work to be there.  I was just annoyed.  EVERYTHING was getting to me.  They were praying too long, singing too much, saying stupid things.  One person who I normally like perfectly well was just smiling. So. Doggone. Much.  How dare people smile so much at a meeting.  Anyway, I was irritable, and it made me do things like yell at a friend while he was giving his report, and then realizing that I had been shouting at him made me even crabbier.

Today I am still irritable, but less in a bite-someone's-head-off sort of way and more in a dissatisfied way.  Even Pandora is ticking me off.  It seems to have no idea what I want to listen to today, and that is never the case.  I want to have profound thoughts about the death of Osama bin Laden and the warped idea of justice that makes people celebrate it with veritable glee, but I can't quite get over my own annoyance enough to reflect meaningfully.  If ever there was a day in which I should just go home and start over tomorrow, this is it.  In fact, that is what I'm going to do.  I'm going to take my cranky, self-absorbed, and irksome self home.  I'm going to curl up on my couch and mope and make notes for Sunday's sermon that I can use later this week without importing my current crappy mood.  And I'm going to have a burrito.  How's that for stream of consciousness?

No comments:

Post a Comment