Friday, August 26, 2011

The Craziest Month Ever

Seriously, this month has been out of control.  I have been moving, launching a major church program that involves moving and settling in four young adults, preparing for fall programming, officiating about a zillion weddings, covering for colleagues on vacation, spending a week as camp chaplain, and doing, you know, the normal things that make up my job.  By far the most stressful part of this has been the new program (although moving isn't really topping my list of fun things at the moment).  The people moving to town to do this program are...young.  They don't have much experience.  At the moment they need a LOT of direction.  I haven't had as much time as giving that direction well would take.  I'm sure I'm giving them a headache much like the one they're giving me.  At present I am a very hard person to work for, as I don't have a lot of understanding or patience for people who move slowly and don't get things done without being pushed.  I'm sure it will come as a shock to you who know me to find out that I'm bossy, critical, sarcastic, and demanding.  These are not people who even know how to come close to meeting the expectations that I am learning that I have, even the ones that are fairly basic in my opinion.  I'm hoping things will get better.

Apparently we're supposed to get hit with a hurricane this weekend.  I don't know how bad it will really get around here, but I bought flashlights, candles, batteries, and water.  Batten down the hatches!

I wish I had profound things to say, but mostly I have a head full of moving mania.  Today is Move the Washer and Dryer Day, or it will be if I can ever get out of the office.  Fortunately I had a wedding cancelled tomorrow and therefore have a bit more free time than I anticipated.  It's probably bad that I am happy about a wedding being cancelled, but we take what we can get.  

No comments:

Post a Comment