Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Incredible Vanishing Me

This morning I got an email from a friend who also helps out with our youth group.  "I'm sorry, I've fallen off the face of the earth this winter, I'll be getting back into the loop soon."  It's true; she has sort of disappeared for a few months.  Maybe it's because I was expecting it (ski season always steals her away in the winter), but I realized as I read her email that I had barely noticed.  I haven't really seen much of most of my friends for the last few months.  She isn't the only one who has fallen off the face of the earth.  I've been more or less gone since January.

Spring is slowly arriving now, so gradually, I am catching back up with life.  Several of the major projects that were swamping me are now over.  We're rolling toward summer, which is a relatively slow season in the life of the church.  After May, my workdays get shorter and the office gets quieter.  I have fewer meetings and more time to read and think.  Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?  The anticipation in itself is making me less tired and cranky.  A little sunshine and warmth has done wonders for me.  I've even developed a bit of a spring crush, which is pretty entertaining, and quite the hopeful sign given that I had pretty much decided that my ability to have such feelings had been effectively beaten to a pulp and left for dead.

In other happy news, my horrible neighbors are finally being evicted!  I feel a little bad being so delighted by someone else's demise,  but after months of dealing with the garbage everywhere, wall-shaking music at all hours of the day and night, dog poop covering the yard and walkways, stupid entrance-blocking parking, and so on, I am just very glad to be getting my pleasant living environment back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment