Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Returning to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Today I am in the same location I was yesterday - on my couch - and yet it is no longer my day off, so I shall cease and desist from blogging about stupid television.  Apparently we are having Snowmaggedon here today.  Given that I can neither shovel nor scrape ice at present, I opted to work from home.  The ability to do this from time to time is one of the most wondrous things about my vocation.  So, I'm drinking better quality coffee than we get at work, sitting at an angle that doesn't make me want to have my entire upper right quadrant amputated, and watching mass quantities of snow fall outside while I slog through my to-do list for the day, which mostly consists of details for the upcoming mission trip.

The youth group has grown this year.  That's a good thing.  It has outgrown our van.  That's a challenging thing.  Fortunately, I just remembered that a church we've helped out quite a bit owns a small bus - and they are willing to lend it to us!  So, I am going to extend my driving skills to even larger vehicles.  Sometimes I think I might as well just get my CDL and be done with it.  Most of the time, I drive a tiny little bubble of a car, and I'm the only one in it, so it's always entertaining getting behind the wheel of a 15-passenger van - or a bus - and hauling around a bunch of teenagers.

Well, I started this blog post at 10am, and now it's after 2pm.  During that time, I not only found the bus, I also confirmed our fourth adult chaperon, revised website information on the trip, arranged a meeting with the director of an urban youth program, talked to members of the board of said youth program, updated a really out-of-date list of church activities and service opportunities, found a consent form for traveling abroad with minors, ordered team bling, wrote an absurd amount of email, and suddenly realized that it was almost 2:30 and I had forgotten to eat.  So I'm going to do that now, just in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment