Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Toronto

So, I've been gone for a week, on a mission trip in Toronto with our youth group.  Running around with a herd of teenagers is always an interesting (and exhausting) experience, but this was a pretty fantastic trip.  They all think they're going to move to Canada now, so apparently I've produced a bunch of future ex-pats.  Sweet.  I, on the other hand, had my eyes opened to some of the less positive things about Canada's social service system.  It was a good reminder for me not to idealize another country.  They get a lot of things right up there; there are also some things seriously wrong.  Sort of like here, only kinder and less frenetic.

I feel like I should have a lot to say about the trip, but I think my brain is still too tired from shepherding teenagers all week to think of anything profound.  This week I have been counselor, nurse, parent, babysitter, therapist, coach, enforcement officer, bank, teacher, pastor, friend, referee, chief cook and bottle washer, chauffeur, dictator, cheerleader, and magic 8-ball.  I have held my tongue and temper more times than I can count, and lost them both a couple of times as well.  I have a good excuse to be tired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment