Saturday, November 20, 2010

Look, it's a Widget!

The lovely folks over at NaNoWriMo have provided this handy dandy widget so that I (and you, you lucky people) can monitor my progress.  I am almost up to pace now, and I'm taking a big church of this holiday week to do some marathon writing.  This really is one of the strangest, most intense things I've ever done, and it's making me a bit of a lunatic.  But lunatics create great art!  Or so I've heard.  I'm wondering if I should try to do something along these lines with songwriting at some point, but I'm not sure I would survive or have any friends left at the end if I did.

Yesterday I went to NYC for a board meeting.  I got to hang out with a bunch of friends that I don't see very often, and we went out in Williamsburg and had a grand time over Gluhwein and assorted other tasty beverages. We stayed up too late talking, and I was excessively cranky today, and managed to tick off almost everyone else at the meeting.  Sweet.  But do you know what the most notable thing about this trip was?

I wrote something like 8,000 words between the train rides and my time in coffee shops before and after the meetings.

See?  I'm obnoxious.  I promise that after November, I'll write about something else, because hopefully then I'll return to my regularly scheduled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment